Therapists at North County Water & Sports Therapy Center are
experts in the art and science of the evaluation and treatment of human movement and balance dysfunctions. We care for a variety of muscle, joint, and nervous system disorders that can affect your balance.
Don’t ignore the facts
- One in every three persons age 65 and older falls each year.
- Falls are the leading cause of injury and accidental death in those over the age of 85.
- In 2005, 15,800 people 65 and older died from injuries related to unintentional falls.
- About 1.8 million people 65 and older were treated in ER’s for injuries sustained from falls (CDC 2008).
Risk factors associated with falls:
- Older age.
- Muscle weakness.
- A history of falls.
- Medical conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, stroke, walking problems, fear of falling.
Your therapist at North County Water & Therapy Center will assess or evaluate your:
- Fall Risk
- Medical History
Your Balance Program
After your initial evaluation your therapist will provide you with a custom treatment program, which may consist of:
- Strengthening Exercises
- Flexibility Exercises
- Gait Training
- Patient Education Safety Awareness
- Transfer Exercises
- Balance Exercises
- Vestibular Testing
- Home Exercise Program
State-of-the-art medical technology featuring Biodex:
- Rapidly identifies your deficits and documents your progress.
- Is easy to understand.
- Helps you reach your goals faster.
- Saves you time and treatments.
[ Back to Services ]